Shabbat Shalom

Dear Family,

Thank you all so much for your prayers. The Lord has been so good to us that sometimes it is hard to believe. Our little boy seems to be doing very well. We went to the doctor recently and she says that everything is fine, the baby is growing well, and his head is down. All parents who might be reading this know exactly what we are experiencing at the moment and can relate when I say that I am just glad the baby is healthy. Navigating the pregnancy has been both fun and nerve racking at times for both of us. Please pray that the Lord would continue to protect our young son and cause His Spirit to rest on him, even in the womb. The Lord may be opening a door for me to partner with the YMCA here in Jerusalem to develop a language program. I will be having a meeting on Monday with the administrator and I will be submitting a business proposal mid-week. There is a lot of potential in this kind of arrangement, but I need the wisdom of the Lord. I have no experience negotiating a business arrangement. I am getting some coaching from a good friend who is a business coach, but I really need the Lord's wisdom in this. Please pray the Lord would lead me and guide me as things progress.

Over the past couple weeks, there has been a good deal of rhetoric going on between Israel, Syria, and Lebanon. This kind of public back and forth (some of it conciliatory and some of it inflammatory) has been more prolific than I have ever heard in the 9 years I have been here. I seems as though we are edging closer to a regional conflict with Syria, Hezbollah, and Hamas. This along with Iran's continued remarks make for a nasty situation. This is in no way meant to paint a doom and gloom picture. We know the Lord doesn't slumber or sleep while He keeps watch here. If there is a conflict, the Lord can use it to glorify Himself in the sight of the world. Please pray with us for the peace of Jerusalem, but at the same time, ask that the Lord would glorify Himself in what ever happens and deliver Israel from her enemies.

I am blessed to be on the leadership team for a ministry called Intercessors for Israel. Two weeks ago, we held a week long prayer conference that covered a wide range of topics connected with the situation here in Israel. People from all over the world come to this humble gathering of intercessors every year, but this happened to be the first time I had ever attended it. Since connecting with this ministry, the Lord has taught me many things about prayer, but this prayer conference was pretty incredible. It was a prayer conference in which people actually prayed! Some of the "prayer" conferences I have been to have a whole lot of teaching ABOUT prayer, but there is very little time actually doing it. I was struck by this aspect of the conference, but I was also struck by another reality. Out of the 150-200 people from around the world and from Israel, only a handful were younger than 40. I have to ask the question, "Where are the young people who have a deep longing for real prayer?"

Granted, not everyone is expected to have a revelation about God's sovereign plan for Israel right away, but I would have thought that the numbers from different age groups would be a little less lop-sided. I don't know what the reason is. Maybe the need for prayer is not being emphasized enough in the pulpit. Maybe our expectations are too low for young people and they need to be raised. Maybe our "get everything now" culture doesn't allow us to sit and intercede for an issue on God's heart, especially if we are not guaranteed an immediate answer. What ever the reason is, it is time for the Body to shake off the apathy and start to pray fervently. This has to be a whole Body revelation. Both young and old must grab hold of the heart of God for intercession! The culmination of the Lord's redemptive plan for this earth seems to be wrapping up and that means the birth pangs will only increase. Seeking the heart of God is going to be crucial for what is ahead of us. Some of us go the fatalistic route and say, "What ever will happen....will happen. I can't change anything." All through out scripture, God looks for those who will intercede on behalf of His people. Could God have done it without these intercessors, sure....but he chose not to. He chooses to use intercessors (all people who intercede, NOT just people with the title "intercessor") in the course of His redemptive plan. He is looking today for those who will stand an pray for Him to be glorified on this earth. It is time for His WHOLE Body to stand up and say, "Here am I." Blessings to you all.

In Yeshua,

Devin and Callie

Comments

Popular Posts